Sunday, July 11, 2010

Voki

Image courtesy of muirfield-h.schools. nsw.















I recently played around with the site voki.com. This is a site that generates talking animations. As this is the first tool I have discovered during this course I found it to be very exciting and engaging. I found that this tool would bring a completely new element to teaching in the classroom. Used well in the classroom this tool has the potential to turn an average lesson into one where the students are engaged. I understand that you cannot use this tool alone and expect it will automatically engage your students, however I feel that this tool can be effective when used in an appropriate manner.

I would love to see the children get involved with the use of this tool, as I found it very user friendly and would be a good way to get the students interacting on the computers.

I am really enjoying how this course is opening my eyes to see the benefits that technology can have on everyday classroom teaching.

Miss Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment